As a Christian I will say this: My faith does not require me to believe in the age of the earth as outlined in the Bible. Christ commanded me to love and that is where all Christians need to focus. Discussing how many fairies can dance on the head of a pin is a distraction. (Chappell, 2014)
Founder of our school, Regent University Pat Robertson, who believes that Ken Ham presented viewers with flawed analysis (Chappell, 2014). According to this online article found in The Two-way Robertson stated;
Anyone who is in the oil business knows he's drilling down, 2 miles, 3 miles underground, you're coming into all these layers that were laid down by the dinosaurs, And we have skeletons of dinosaurs that go back like 65 million years. An...
... middle of paper ...
..."Theistic Evolution and Christian Theology." Is Theistic Evolution theologically accepted?. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Apr. 2014.
Schleifer, Bradford G. . "Is the Earth 6,000 Years Old?." Is the Earth 6,000 Years Old?. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Apr. 2014.
Scott, Eugenie Carol. Evolution vs. creationism: an introduction. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 2004. Print.
"The pace of evolution." The pace of evolution. University of California Museum of Paleontology, n.d. Web. 25 Apr. 2014.
Zinke, E. Edward. "Perspective Digest - a publication of the Adventist Theological Society." RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- If the question was posed as to what is the debate between creationism vs. evolution consist of, the thought that it is ‘“God did it” vs. “Natural processes did it,”’ (Scott, 2004) may arise. Science cannot absolutely prove or disprove Creation or Evolution. Yet scientist and the remainder of society use creationism and evolution to prove our existence. Creationist believe in the Christian account of the origin as recorded in Genesis. Creationism is the belief that statements such as “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth” (NIV) found in Genesis 1:1 and also “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (NIV) found in John 1:1.... [tags: science vs religion]
1637 words (4.7 pages)
- Just about every individual wonders if the universe was created and how it was created. The Bible begins with the words, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” There are many people in the world who do not believe that statement. It has been 150 years since Charles Darwin published his theory and challenged the whole world what they believed. This argument is still one of the biggest controversial issues around the world. This issue separates political groups, religions, and even many schools.... [tags: Evolution, Charles Darwin, Creationism, Torah]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Was the universe created by an all mighty being. Or was it created over the course of billions of years. These are questions that have been pondered for thousands of years. Even today the question remains: how did the universe come to be. On one hand the creationists say that an all mighty being just created the universe and everything followed after. On the other hand evolutionists believe that the universe had come into existence over the course of billions of years. No one knows which is correct simply because not a single person has a firsthand account of the beginning of the universe.... [tags: Evolution, Creationism, Scopes Trial, Butler Act]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- The worldwide trending debate of Creation versus Evolution is a phenomenon. People have dedicated their lives to studying this controversial topic. Where do you stand. This debate can get heated but it’s important to know what you would do if somebody asked you about it. Factually, Christianity has been proven to be true and that’s exactly what I am going to show you. I’m going to dig deep into the mind of an Evolutionist and the mind of a Christian. Do you know why The Theory of Evolution is still called a theory.... [tags: Evolution, Charles Darwin, Creationism]
1670 words (4.8 pages)
- The great debate of evolution vs. creationism has been ongoing for many years. Many like to generalize evolutionists as Atheists and creationists as Christians, but this generalization is false. There are countless scientists that are Christian, and there are also a lot of Christians that take the evolution side. In this research paper, I will contrast the ideas and arguments from both creationism and evolutionism and then take an educated side using my knowledge. I will try to be as unbiased as I can throughout the first section of the paper, and then move on to opinions based on facts on the last page.... [tags: Evolution vs. Creationism Essays]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- ... Often times, a derogatory attitude accompanies the idea of Creationism. The belief in creation by an almighty being is not a supplemental belief attached only to the Bible; instead, creation is the definitive deduction of a clear reading and understanding of Genesis in its intended form - as a purely historical narrative. This historical narrative, given to humanity by a supreme being, is the basis and foundation upon which a biblical worldview is based. A myriad of interpretations of creationism conclude that an intelligent, all-knowing demiurge, not natural selection or natural influences, created the universe and all the life found within.... [tags: evolution, religious, creationism]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- Individuals believe in creation, some in evolution, and some are undecided (Morris Henry). Some argue whether or not evolution and creationism should be taught in schools. Others feel as though creation is not a valid enough idea to actually be taught to the youth of our generation. There have been many debates and controversy going on for many years about this subject. That is because people feel strongly about this topic and their beliefs. Surveys, articles, case studies and a vast amount of other sources state that a large amount of people all over the world want both evolution and creationism to be taught in school due to the fact that both attempt to explain the origins of the universe... [tags: Evolution vs Creationism]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- As long as history has been written, humans have wondered where they came from. They have yearned for the answers to life and its many intricacies, why certain animals have special traits allocated only to them, and why others are seemingly missing what they require to survive. Humans, as far as they know, are the only species with the brain power to question such things, and in questioning them, they have concocted many explanations for such things. These theories include Gods and Goddesses, scientific phenomena, a single God, a being that may or may not have created everything.... [tags: Evolution, Creationism, Charles Darwin]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Creationism being taught in public schools is not right because there are many beliefs about how the earth was created. Many science teachers have different beliefs on this particular subject. Some believe it should not be taught in public schools but on one’s own time at home, church, or another place. Other science teachers think students should be taught all the believable theories about evolution and creationism. Some science teachers have gotten in trouble with the law by not obeying other laws regarding evolution and creationism.... [tags: Creationism ]
709 words (2 pages)
- “Life has no meaning. Jesus gives our life meaning, we must accept him to give meaning to our life. It futile to ask about the meaning of life when you are the answer.” ― Rob Geis Creationism and the study of evolution has been a controversial debate for decades now, leaving many people on one side or the other. Creationism argues that faith should take precedent over science, basing its beliefs on one book for guidance, the Bible. God created the earth and everything on it, taking six days.... [tags: Science vs Creationism]
3773 words (10.8 pages)
- Successful Application of Theory to a Placement Case
- Children and Family Relationship Bill 2013: Parental Uncertainty in Cases of Guardianship, Custody and Access
- A Case Against Warren and Abortion
- Gambling in the National Football League
- Marijuana: For Better or For Worse?
- Helicopter Parents and Ignorant Actions