As I grow older, Christmas is the greatest holiday for my family and me. The powerful feeling of family is never any stronger than on Christmas Day. The stress of the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve all seeps away as our children come running into our bedroom to see if we are awake yet. Even though our children are teenagers, the tradition doesn't change; Santa is real if you believe in him.
I've seen our children wake up as early as 5:00 a.m. As our children awake us, my husband tries to draw out the anticipation by telling them he needs to take a shower first. After much begging and grumbling, they agree and the three of us make our way into the kitchen to bake cinnamon rolls. While my husband is showering, we are in the kitchen preparing the cinnamon rolls. By the time he is done, the smell of the gooey sweet cinnamon rolls is drifting through the house.
As I pull the rolls out of the oven, my daughters are tearing into the stockings Santa filled while visiting the night before. Santa always remembers Mom and Dad, too. W...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Born in 1812 Charles Dickens grew up in a small town in London. Dickens grew up in a poor family. His family, sent to debtorsâˆ™ jail before he became old enough to fend for himself, convinced him to find work and stay out of the jail. Dickens worked anywhere, from law offices to newspapers as a young child. (âˆœNew Standard Encyclopediaâˆ D-155) A Christmas Carol, written by Dickens, has changed many things in the world today, especially Christmas traditions and religion.... [tags: A Christmas Carol Essays]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- I love Christmas. I think it is the most wonderful day of the year.When my calander mark December 26 butterflies flutter around my stomach and I feel like a kid in the candy store . I love this day so much because I eat delicious food, see my family, and receive presents. my morning starts with a long stretch and yawn followed by a witf of Christmas dinner aroma. I can smell the stuffed and seasoned turkey as well as the cheesy mac and cheese baking in the oven. I can also smell the sugar and cinnamon smothered yams along with the smoked ham hocks mixed together with the black eye peas.... [tags: family, food, presents]
579 words (1.7 pages)
- December 25 is the time of year that everyone celebrates, but does not know the true meaning of this day. Christmas is my favorite holiday because it is the time of year for loving, giving, and remembering who this holiday is for. Christmas is my favorite holiday because it is the time of year that everyone should spend with their family and friends loving them unconditionally. Every Christmas, my family and I, on my mother 's side, join together on Christmas Eve to be able to spend time with the ones which we love.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve, Gift]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- ... It is no secret that marketers and advertisers have transformed Christmas into a more secular holiday. As opposed to limiting Christmas to those of Christian faith, companies have been pushing the idea that Christmas is a holiday for all to celebrate across the globe. For instance, in Japan, where 1.5 percent of the population identifies as Christian (Central Intelligence Agency, 2015, n.p.), a statue of Kentucky ‘Colonel’ Harland dressed as Santa Claus can be seen during the Christmas season outside of select Kentucky Fried Chicken franchises (Hodkinson & Stronach, 2011, p.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas controversy]
1754 words (5 pages)
- ... After the tree is up and lights are on the children start rushing over to put the ordainments on the tree. Christian puts up the Cleveland Browns football ordainment. The ordainment is orange and brown with big white lettering. That is his favorite one. Ethan hurries up and grabs all the snowmen ones. We have a snowman chef, a snowman with a piano, a just a regular snowmen, however the regular snowman has the cutest little black round nose, and the biggest blue eyes. Kayla’s favorite is her pink round bulb with the name “Kayla” on it with large white bulky lettering.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas lights]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- The most collectively celebrated holiday of the year is undeniably December 25th, Christmas. Most people acknowledge that the “Christ” in Christmas is representative of Jesus Christ, Son of God, and for Christians, the day is set aside as a celebration of his birth. Many people in the United States (and world) however, either do not believe in the Christian view of Christmas, have different non-Christian religious beliefs or celebrate for other reasons, if at all. Because of the multi-cultural differences that incorporate our country, Christmas should be declared by Congress as simply a Federal Holiday.... [tags: Religion Holidays]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- ... Also, our main dish seems to differ from that of my mother’s side. Instead of consuming a meal of our heritage, we instead rely on a more typical dish of turkey, ham, or possibly even chili. My grandmother takes it upon herself to create this colossal main dish, that will vanish mere minutes after serving. Unlike my mother’s side, dessert doesn’t hold as much importance on my father’s side. Dessert remains more common with indulgences such as mints, cookies, and bars. My aunts usually discuss who must bring certain desserts weeks before our celebration.... [tags: Family, Christmas, Grandparent]
1844 words (5.3 pages)
- Black Thanksgiving is Not a Holiday Thanksgiving Day is a day of family, food, and giving thanks for the blessings in life and yet some people believe Thanksgiving to be a prep day for Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. The focus of Thanksgiving shifted from family bonding to incessant shopping. This trend of taking away from the hours of Thanksgiving in order to shop is enraging. It steals away from family time for the shoppers and the employees. Employers threaten workers that if they do not work on that certain holiday, they will be fired.... [tags: Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- As I look out my window I see tiny snowflakes slowly drifting down. I can hear the roar of laughter coming from the living room downstairs. Soon enough Saint Nick will be upon us. Christmas always brings everyone home for the holidays. Christmas is my favorite holiday because of the traditions my families and I celebrate that include our Christmas Eve routine, Christmas morning routine, and giving back to our community. Everyone has a Christmas Eve routine. Christmas Eve starts with getting ready for mass.... [tags: Christmas Eve, Christmas, Christmas tree]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- What do you think of when someone says Christmas. Does your imagination run wild with the thoughts of twinkling lights, delicious cookies, and presents under the tree. Or does your mind wander to another side of the joyous season. When many kids are growing up, they perceive that Christmas is all about receiving gifts, eating sugary food, and having no school; however, as they mature, they soon realize that there is another viewpoint on the season; a whole other meaning to Christmas. The season of Christmas is an important and favored holiday in America as a time of giving and a time of gathering; however, Christmas is a traditional and historical celebration in the Catholic Church as well.... [tags: religious traditions gone secular]
564 words (1.6 pages)