Essay PreviewMore ↓
One's body is what makes one who one is. Every inch of someone is what sets a person apart from everyone else. Even though everyone has an opinion about what his or her perfect body would be, changing one's personal features would take away from individuality. I personally would never have plastic surgery because when I look at myself, I do not see a tall, skinny young man with a funny looking nose and big "bug" eyes, but I see a beautifully sculpted masterpiece that God has made just for me. It is a body that gives me character, individuality, and confidence.
In my personal opinion, and I say this as humbly as I can, I am a very good-looking young man. I have a very animated face that goes well with my personality, which is humorous, but in a mature fashion. I can be serious and stare at others with my endless snowflake blue eyes, but if I get too drastic for the mood, it is easy to look at my nose and then laugh to lighten the air. I take pride in the fact that there is no one else on this earth exactly like me. Not just my inner beauty, but my outer beauty makes me different from everyone else. Life would be so boring if everyone looked exactly the same, but what is inside oneself makes one beautiful, not only inside, but outside as well. I personally could not be more content and happy with who I am.
If I were to walk down the street, there would be many different comments going through people's heads as I passed. Some people would find me attractive, and some would find me ugly. Some people might find me sexy, and others might find me skinny and sickly looking. The bottom line is that it does not matter what they think. It only matters what I think because I am the only one in the whole world that has to live with myself.
How to Cite this Page
"Personal Narrative - Body Image." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Jan 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Narrative- First Love and Missed Opportunities As a sophomore my workload consists mainly of three very different classes. But within the first week I had something to tie them together; love, to be more specific, first love. In my bible study class, the professor wanted to illustrate the human ability to recall detailed information regarding personally important events. He posed the question “How many of you remember your first love?” and went on to say how we should approach bible study with a degree of passion.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
2612 words (7.5 pages)
- Who am I. Such a simple question: such a profoundly difficult one to answer. I could tell you that my name is Rob Jones, but that would only be my name. I could tell you that I would like to become a professional author and that I have strong linguistic skills and an artistic flair. But these are merely reflections of who I am: gifts I possess and talents I have perfected. I suppose I must start by telling you what I am. I am a human being. As such, I have several distinctive and inseparable parts.... [tags: Personal Narrative, essay about myself]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Personal Narrative I gripped the smooth oval shaped bottle in my hand. In the other hand with my fingers wrapped around the miniature glass cup, I felt the glass groves the harder I squeezed the sharper the groves began to feel. It was like I was gripping an ancient blade which had blunted throughout the generations. I began to slowly pour the liquid in my cup and it steadily began to fill.... [tags: Papers]
672 words (1.9 pages)
- My Last Night- Personal Narrative I could not believe the sight that greeted me as I opened the front door in the morning. There stood Rina; the girl I loved, looking in a way I had never seen her before. Tears streaming down her perfect face; only that she had never been like this before. Her beautiful brown eyes were filled with overflowing water. She swung her arms around me and started to weep, I comforted her and led her into the lounge. I asked her what was wrong but she couldn’t stop crying to tell me, my heart began to pound really hard because I was worried; she was special to me.... [tags: Papers]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- David The chaos from my teenage sister’s birthday party was deafening. Somehow through the noise, I registered that the phone was ringing. Jumping up, my sister answered it in hopes of hearing her boyfriend’s voice. A look of concern and confusion crossed her face as she handed me the phone. She mouthed the word "David" as I placed the receiver to my ear. Immediately I began fighting off a panic I could not yet explain. Dead. David. Crying and screaming assaulted my senses. "He's dead.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
461 words (1.3 pages)
- Narrative vs. Descriptive There are many different types of writing styles that are used in everyday literature; in books and magazine articles, scholarly and academic journals. According to Essentials of College Writing, by C. M. Connell & K. Sole (2013), descriptive writing is “defined by painting pictures with words” (chapter 6.4, line 1), while narrative writing is described as “storytelling from the point of view of the narrator” (chapter 6.3, line 1). Narrative writing is more appealing considering the reader is drawn into the worlds created by the storyteller; since narrative writing has a plot descriptive writing has no time elements or chronological order to the writing.... [tags: composition, storytelling]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- A narrative essay uses a point of view to tell a story. It is an engaging way for an author to tell his reader about an experience they have had or a personal story. Descriptive writing is a description of something. It could be a person, place, thing, emotion or experience. The author is allowed more artistic freedom when writing in descriptive form. While both descriptive and narrative essays are similar in many ways, the descriptive essays use of language fully immerses the reader into the story and allows the reader to feel the intended emotion.... [tags: writing composition, ]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- The virtual worlds were good for doing what was impossible to do in the physical world rather than simply produce replicates of physical reality (Yee, 2009). This is why most people including myself, although a constant gamer, enjoy the experiences of the virtual world. The virtual world is an escape route from the actual realities of the world. This paper is going to describe my experience in The Ysera Realm of World of Warcraft MMORPG. Avatars are a key component of the virtual world and we rely on them a means of living digitally while fully inhabiting in the world (Taylor, 2002).... [tags: Personal Narrative]
1933 words (5.5 pages)
- ... Once I can paint, I will paint this” (Spoliamag). Cindy Sherman is another female artist who depicted stereotypes. The subjects represent societal stereotypes of femininity. Sherman lets the viewer construct a narrative story around the subject matter when she not even gives a title to her works. As Paula Becker, the subject of Sherman’s photos is herself. Sherman’s series “Film Stills” (1977- 1980) mimicking film noir, and B-movie, represents not only Cindy and her experiences, but every woman in the world and its stereotypes.... [tags: Feminism, Feminist theory, History of painting]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- Humans from my own point of view are God's creation, because the bible makes me understand that humans were created in God's image, and during the creation of man, God blew the breath of life into man to make him come alive. I assume the reason humans are so unique is that they were created like God. The reason why humans are the best of all creation is that they can think, invent new things, and have dominion of all other creatures on earth. Humans are the only living creation that is conscious of their own existence, because they have advanced knowledge and skills to do things, for example, humans can clothe themselves, cook their foods, and even invent numerous technologies.... [tags: essays research papers]
893 words (2.6 pages)
In conclusion, unless I had a huge rock fall on my face, which made it difficult to eat or breathe properly, I would never have plastic surgery done to any part of my already existing body. I would never second-guess my own character, individuality, or confidence. I am perfect just as God made me.