Essay PreviewMore ↓
A life defining moment of mine was when I started wearing Christian t-shirts instead of everyday t-shirts. The old t-shirts just seem so bland to me now, and I did not really care for them as much as the others. I also preferred the messages that were on the Christian t-shirts. Most of the time the messages would make fun of something, like laundry detergent Tide, or commonly use phrases, such as armed and dangerous.
After a short period of time, I started to shop only at Sunshine for my t-shirts. It was one of the only Christian Book stores that had a decent selection of t-shirts in Brazoria County that was closes enough to go to. The best part is that Sunshine’s selection would be different every time. They also had ordering book at Sunshine, so if there was a shirt that they did not have it was probably in a catalog somewhere. Wearing the Christian t-shirts help me keep my focus on how I should act as a Christian. The t-shirts also help me strive to be a better Christian than what I am. Wearing Christian t-shirts have done sever thing in my relationship with God.
There are several occasions were the t-shirts have affected the way I act. Many times while I was at high school some people would always pick on. Having the t-shirts on helped remind me that I was a Christian and that I should not act that way that the other people were. I also believe have the Christian t-shirts leaded to some persecution event though it was never said that way. However, I am here now so it could not have be that bad.
I also strive to become a better Christian because of my t-shirts. One reason for this is if you need help who are you going to ask a friend you know is a Christian or a friend who is a Christian who wear a Christian T-shirt everyday.
How to Cite this Page
"Personal Narrative- Wearing Christian T-Shirts." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Jan 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Narrative- Christian Apologetics Two weeks of this past summer rank high as some of the most rewarding times of my life. Next to my salvation, the experience has become an important turning point of my youth. This experience changed my worldview into a biblical perspective, and strengthened my faith in the Lord. For the first time, I was on my own, flying cross-country to spend two weeks in Colorado, not for a vacation I might add. I was to attend a Christian apologetics course sponsored by Summit Ministries.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
340 words (1 pages)
- ... While this may lead to be true for a small percentage of people, it does not speak for the whole population. Going into my first year of high school I was a below average writer, due to the fact my grade school did not place emphasis in the English and writing department as it did in its math and science departments. My grade school did the usual book reports and required reading because the state required them, I never truly appreciated the books I read. I was never taught to think deeper and to analyze.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Gender]
1258 words (3.6 pages)
- Ihsan Abdur-Rasheed Professor: Yusuf Gassiep Aqueeda: 101 “Wearing of Quranic Amulets” Difference of opinion has always existed amongst the Muslim ummah. Having a difference of opinion is nothing wrong in Islam as this was known to occur even amongst the sahaba. This of course is applicable where there remains room for interpretation. However where there is clear evidence from Quran or Sunnah which goes against ones opinions then the clear evidence becomes the final ruling. The general rule In matters of worship is if there is no evidence for the practice of such an act of worship found in the Quran and/or Sunnah then it is invalid and not of Islam .Actually in matters of worship this ma... [tags: Muhammad, Qur'an, Hadith, Islam]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- I. Introduction The reasons why students should wear uniforms are almost always the same. People have delved to find out information about different perspectives of how uniforms influence students. The problem is statistics determination was equal. Some people say that uniforms will decrease crime and violence in schools. Also improving the behavior of students in and out of school. Student’s ambivalence about what other students are wearing, are less likely to judge one another. This also helps prevent students from forming different cliques.... [tags: Argumentative Essay]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- ... The Preacher played the emotion of fear as his primary tone throughout the sermons. The Reverend commanded attention on the fact that time was luring near for the unrepentant. Edwards advised the audience that the righteous wrath of God will come suddenly and without warning. For it is only the free choice of God that He extends the day of mercy and provides another opportunity to respond to His call. Jonathan Edwards uses biblical references to gain the congregation’s attention. The Pastor makes use his listeners’ faithfulness by exercising his own authority and the authority of the Bible.... [tags: Christianity, Bible, Christian terms, Jesus]
1277 words (3.6 pages)
- A young boy stands behind a wooden podium atop a stage-like structure. The boy is clothed in black slacks; a white button down shirt; a small fabric cap, placed on the top of his head; and a scarf type garment resting on his shoulders. In his hand, the boy grasps a silver, intricately detailed rod. He is using the small metal rod to slowly scan the text that lies before him on the podium. He reads the text aloud, slowly and clearly – truly savoring each word as they exit his lips. To his left side are what appear to be his parents.... [tags: Judaism, Torah, Jews, Halakha]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- Personal Narative- Tough Girl She went to the land of Hollywood with a diamond wedding necklace hanging loosely from her neck like a noose before it gives its snapping goodbye. She went to the land of dreams with pride coloring her shadow; a haughty swing of her thick plait; and why not. Her name was Serina –she was named after a dream. Why not. I thought, though I cried the night before because she got the chance bestowed to her curvy hips, her white Colgate smile, her crystal blue eyes. And what about me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- For most people in the United States, the term “slave to fashion” relates to an individual’s desire always to be wearing the latest fashions from trendy clothing lines. In a twist of supreme irony, the designation applies much more literally to the legions of poverty-stricken sweatshop laborers worldwide who toil away under miserable conditions to produce the snappy apparel that Americans purchase in droves on a daily basis. Conditioned by a media that places considerable emphasis on possessing a stylish wardrobe, the majority of U.S.... [tags: essays research papers]
2151 words (6.1 pages)
- Personal Narrative- My Life as a Student, Athlete and Christian “I knew this was bliss, knew it at the time.” These words of Eudora Welty, although expressing her feeling from devouring book after book, can also be applied to my life. While not relating to my literacy, Welty’s lexis nonetheless conveys my own feelings after learning the significance of hard work. I’ve put excess effort in performing the roles of a student, an athlete, and a Christian. Success and growth in each component of my life has taught me the value and necessity of a strong work ethic.... [tags: Personal Perspective]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- Research Paper: Discipleship Because I became a Christian at an early age, there are many terms and ideas used in the church that I never pondered upon; I simply accepted them. For example, the term "disciple" I identify as one of Jesus' twelve closest followers, one of the paper characters placed on the felt board during Sunday school. Through my research, I have discovered that while accepting Christ through faith alone grants us salvation, to become a disciple of Christ, or practice discipleship, requires work and commitment from the believer.... [tags: Religion Christian]
996 words (2.8 pages)